Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Progress on both Blog and Sketchbook

  Progress is finally being made with the blog. I'm still fiddling with the background options, trying to find the one that best pops everything forward without being distracting. I'm also tweaking the layout and I added a bio page finally. I do plan on adding photos, etc. to that particular page, and I'd love feedback on whether it comes across alright. Writing in the third person can be rather frustrating. :D Also, is everything legible? Used one of the webfonts in spots, and I have changed to a different template. I want to make sure that it doesn't irritate anyone's eyes to read this.

  For my sketchbook, I finally started to play with what I want the layout and storyline to be. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm intrigued by Carl Jung's theory, pertaining to the Animus and Anima, as well as the Shadow and Persona. I'm not sure if I entirely agree with what I have read about it, but I do find that certain elements click for me. I'm also wanting to explore a theme I played around with in one of my art projects- thought processes/raining words. (I'll post some images of that particular project later). Which is partly where the collage aspect of my sketchbook comes in.

  As far as the first page goes, I'm currently inking it pitch-black, and will then splatter it with gesso- perhaps even white water color. I'll then go back with a dip pen/quill and carve back in with black ink to form letters out of the white. (I'm rather curious to see if it will work, quite frankly). This first page will be of one of my favorite quotes, by Friedrich Nietzsche. "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." I feel that this quote will open the first art/chapter page quite well and will mesh with the themes of my little story. 

  I may open each little scene with a quote and am starting to feel as if this little story may have to be continued past the sketchbook. We shall see. It will definitely end up deeply personal, by the end. I just hope that I can adequately- at the least- give voice to what I'm picturing for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment