Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Final Project W.i.Ps and The Sketchbook Project

I can finally upload some current work. I'm working on final projects for both my Design 1 class and my Drawing 2 class. These are work-in-progress shots, so they may look extremely different when complete. For my Design project, I'm doing an Isometric drawing on a full sheet of Arches (140lb Hot Press) paper.
Full view of the Isometric drawing. Watercolor and graphite at this point. Glass-like architecture.
 And for a close up of part of it:


My Drawing II project is a bit of a Master Interpretation drawing. I'm doing the proposal on a sheet of Stonehenge, and breaking down the original painting into line and shape- instead of subject matter. Then, on a sheet of Arches, I'll bring back the subject matter, but with my definite own spin. The painting I'm using is Jose de Ribera's Martyrdom of Saint Phillip. Here's what I got so far.
Full view. This paper is almost as tall as I am. O.o
Close-up
The actual reference image:
Martyrdom of Saint Phillip by Jose de Ribera, Spanish Baroque

    Also, I decided to participate in The Sketchbook Project. It sounds amazing, and I can't wait to receive my sketchbook. I'll upload the drawings as I work on them. That's all for tonight!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment