Thursday, May 19, 2011

I freaking love watercolor!

  Ahem, well... you get the point. Anyways, today I was re-inspired to play around with watercolors. There's this artist on deviantART called agnes-cecile, who does some pretty amazing stuff. I even glanced at her speedpainting videos... and I was fairly blown away. Intimidated? Yes. Wanting to yank out my watercolors? Definitely. :D

  Well, my first attempt didn't go too well. (Read: Too embarrassed to put an image of it up, until it goes under extreme re-hauling.) I had stepped away from watercolors, for the most part, in the last couple of weeks. So, my first attempt was admittedly- well- yeah... it showed that I was intimidated and over-complicating it. -.-' My second attempt though went a lot more smoothly. I rather liked how it turned out. :D
    In other news, I get to hang out with Lizz from Ketch a Wave from Friday afternoon till sometime Saturday. Should be awesome! Dragging my Vivitar SLR and some art supplies with me as well, so it'll be interesting to see what pops up on here next. I'm definitely going to be messing around with watercolors there as well, so we shall see. Might be a few days before the pics go up, though. My SLR is non-digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment