Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting Organized

 Summer is in full swing. Finally graduated and will be receiving my Associate's Degree in the mail soon. I've been a little lax on the drawing/writing the last few days, but I'm starting to gather steam now. My goals for the summer are:
  • improve drawing by playing with more media
  • do personal homework on Art History
  • Start and potentially complete The Sketchbook Project
  • shed some body fat
  I am currently playing with the storyline for my sketchbook. I am thinking about doing a graphic novel that plays around with mixed media/writing styles. It's... challenging, so far. I'm playing around a bit, with different personal symbolism and half-formed ideas...

  One of the influences deals with some of Carl Jung's theories- especially pertaining to the Animus, Anima, Shadow, and Persona. Mix that with dreams and stream-of-consciousness moments, and it's a rather difficult- and volatile mix- to write. Especially since much of it deals with drawing or the application of media. So far, I know that I'll be using ink, gesso, watercolor, and collage.

  Anyways, more a little later tonight. Honestly. If you're curious about animus/anima check out:
Wiki page on animus and anima and Wiki page on The Shadow. I don't agree with all of it, but some of the imagery it inspires clicks with me, for some reason.

3 comments:

  1. I know you can complete the Sketchbook Project, do you have a link for it online? Good luck with all of your summer goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

    ReplyDelete